Sunday, December 29, 2013

THE DRx CLINIC | ESSENTIAL FACIAL

Sponsored by DRx
This would be my third visit to DRx! On my second visit, I told Dr Tan that my acne is pretty much under control (except during my period, the hormones just goes crazy and I get more pimples than usual). The acne was in control but there was still a lot of oil clogs that are bubbling under my skin, when I run my fingers across my cheeks and forehead, I can feel it beneath my skin. Therefore, Dr Tan suggested that I go for DRx's facial treatment to remove all that clogged up dirt under my skin! So here's my visit:
DRx Clinic and DRx Spa is located at two different areas (but still on the same level), the spa area interior feels more cosy and warm compared to the clinic. 
As usual, I had to fill up my particulars before proceeding to the treatments. 
This would be the spa room where you get your facial treatments done! I noticed that the bed is very clean, there's not unsightly stains or anything. Most facial places that I visited have stains on their sheets. 
This is my facial condition before the treatment begin. I had two or three active pimples, but very serious clogged pores! 


ESSENTIAL FACIAL:
So I was recommended to do the Essential Facial treatment. The Essential Facial is DRx's fundamental treatment for the maintenance of a good complexion. It consists of Ultrasonic cleansing, Ultrasonic Nutrient Delivery and therapeutic facial mask. Essential Facial is a highly popular award-winning program that has won the CozyCot Holy Grail Award 2008 and the All Time Favourite Facial of Elle Magazine's Beauty IT List 2009.

1. MILK CLEANSE X DOUBLE CLEANSE:
My beautician, Nicole, examining my skin condition. She was telling me the areas that I need to specifically apply my medicine on, cause certain areas were extremely oily and clogged. After examining, Nicole did a milk cleanse to remove all impurities on my face, then she did a double cleanse to make sure my skin was clean before we started on the treatment. 

2. ULTRASONIC CLEANSING X SOFTENING SOLUTION: 
The Ultrasonic Cleansing uses an ultrasound device to eliminate dead cells from the skin surface and loosen impurities, oil and black/white heads that are embedded in the pores. The blackheads are then easily extracted without damaging the surrounding skin. Exfoliation of the dead skin cells also allows for more effective penetration of the therapeutic substances that follow. Regular treatment will result in clearer, softer skin and an overall better complexion. 
Nicole applying softening solution to soften my black/white heads before using the Ultrasonic device. 
This is the Ultrasonic device. No pain at all, and quite effective actually. The next day I met up with Val, she told my my clogged pores seems to have cleared up compared to the Borocay days. 


3. EXTRACTION: 
I have a love/hate feeling for extractions. I hate that it is so painful, but I love how my pores are thoroughly cleaned after the session. Though there might be redness after extraction, but your skin will feel so much smoother and softer after about 1 week! 

4. PG VITAMIN A X PG VITAMIN C X PG COMPOUND E: 
The Vitamin A is used to reduce wrinkles, improves skin texture and reverses signs of photo-aging for an overall clearer skin tone. The Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen in the dermis for firmer smoother and younger looking skin. It is also known to produce an overall lightening effect and a more even skin tone that is immediately noticeable after just a single treatment. 
The PG Compound E replaces essential nutrients and other substances in the skin that has depleted with time to reverse many of the visible signs of skin ageing. Regular treatment with PG Compound E will results in firmer skin with reduced wrinkles and lines, for a glowing complexion that appears more youthful. 
My skin looks slightly more red after the extraction. 

5. THERAPEUTIC MASK
Type of mask depends on different individuals. As for me, I did the Anti-Blemish Mask to prevent any development of pimples, and also soothes the skin from the previous extraction. It also decreases the chance of inflammation and reduces oil clogs. 
After 15 mins of the Anti-Blemish Mask, the red sores from extraction have already subsided!
This is after the entire facial treatment! 


ONE WEEK AFTER TREATMENT
Decided to take pictures one week after the treatment, because by then the acne scars should already settled down and pretty much healed. In my opinion, I do like the Essential Facial cause it helps unclog my pores and flattens it without any pain. Most facials does extraction for the entire face including clogged pores, however the Ultrasonic Cleansing removes the smaller clogged pores, so extractions is reduced to only 30% which means lesser pain!! 
Intending to try our DRx? Then here's a good news for you!! 
GET 3X COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATIONS AT DRX CLINIC WHEN YOU QUOTE 'BLOGGER SZES ZHANG' WHEN YOU CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
Valid till 31st Jan 2013. For new customers only.

If you're an acne victim like me, then stop spending your money trying out products off shelves.
Perhaps you'd like to give your skin a chance!!
My doctor is Dr Tan Hui Yun.

For more information, visit

302 Orchard Road, 16th Floor
Tong Building (next to Paragon Shopping Centre)
Singapore 238 862
Tel: (65) - 6733 1555
Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm | Saturday 10am to 5pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

3 comments :

Jo said...

Hi szes, may I know what is the price for this facial?

Szes said...

I'm not very sure about the pricing, but I did roughly ask the beautician, one time facial is approximately about $115. There's package available too.

JIAWEN said...

Hi there, do you have any idea how much does package cost?

Post a Comment