Monday, March 19, 2012

SECOND DEGREE

It’s funny how time passes with a blink of an eye. It felt like yesterday, the enthusiasm in me, when I first received my project brief, but right now I'm left with 3 more months to graduation. Since I am only twenty one, there are still great opportunities for me to further equip myself before I enter the work force.

I've been researching on Degree programmes that I can participate in a shortest period of time, so I can enter the workforce soon! Another one or two years would be an ample period of time for a second degree course to further enhance my knowledge. From online reviews and personal feedback from some of my friends, I have summarized my findings and landed on NAFA. These are the few courses that I am interested in:

  • BA (Hons) 3D Design New Practice
  • BA (Hons) Spatial Design
  • BA (Hons) Graphic Communication
  • BA (Hons) Fine Art
Since I will graduate from Nanyang Polytechnic in Industrial Design, I believe I should follow my roots and go back into 3-Dimensional Design (plus I had lots of fun back then). It seems like the perfect course for me as it's a 12-month top up degree programme for diploma students, that means that I'll be entering the workforce at twenty three, with two degrees!! I've narrowed down to BA (Hons) 3D Design New Practice & BA (Hons) Spatial Design.


BA (Hons) 3D Design New Practice is in collaboration with Loughborough University.
Students will get to experience a week of orientation and six weeks of on-campus studies at Loughborough University in UNITED KINGDOM!!! From September to mid-November, students get to live, study and work on projects in Loughborough. This is a plus point for our resume as current employees prefer overseas work & study experiences. In NAFA's 3D Design New Practice, there are three modules spread between two semesters, Consolidating Interests, Art and Design Dissertation and 3D Design Major Project.


BA (Hons) Spatial Design BA (Hons) Spatial Design is in collaboration with University of Central Lancashire.
Students will also get to experience capabilities of their counterparts, observe their creative and intellectual accomplishment for two weeks in UNITED KINGDOM TOO!!! Students will also get to take cognizance of the global market place in its different aspects of consumerism and cultural differences. Learning from one another, exchanging with the UCLan staff, using their library and studio facilities and attend cultural events! In NAFA's Spatial Design, there are four modules spread within two semesters, Contextual Research, Design Studio, Project Management and Entrepreneurship and Major Design Studio.


All Degree programmes in NAFA are 12- month top up degrees (except for Music), not just for NAFA diploma graduate students, but also applies for poly graduates with relevant diplomas. What's more, students get to study in Singapore, which is very convenient because NAFA is located in the central area, yet get overseas exposure!


For GCE 'O' or 'A' level students, it only takes four to five years to get a Bachelor of Arts degree with Honours from NAFA! There will be a three year diploma course, followed by a one to two year of degree programme.


NAFA graduates who choose to pursue their artistic training to the next level abroad have been widely accepted overseas, therefore NAFA Alumni will get a head start advantage in their career. Survey results have shown that the starting monthly salary of NAFA's diploma and degree holders is about S$1600 and S$2000 respectively. Most students are also employed within three months of their graduation!


Scholarships and bursaries available for students from 1st March to 31st May!

Application ends 31st March, so hurry! Visit NAFA’s website at http://www.nafa.edu.sg/StudyWithUs/EnrolmentNotice/Undergraduate.html to apply!!

CHECK OUT NAFA'S WEBSITE HERE

ALSO VISIT THEIR FACEBOOK HERE

AND TWEETER PAGE HERE